The Challenge of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Skilled Nursing Patients
2018 Genesis Healthcare presented its’ findings at the AARC annual conference that documented over 40% of SNF COPD admissions were actually patients who had Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
CHF & OSA
“Patients admitted to Skilled Nursing Facilities may significantly reduce their chance of Hospital Readmission by having a sleep test performed. Specific treatments to treat OSA using non-invasive ventilators and Pap therapy can greatly reduce the possibility of re-admission.”
Note: For those patients who have underlying lung disease and / or CHF they can certainly experience a worsening of those conditions Post Covid-19.
Chest: OSA is associated with increased cost of heart failure re-admissions. Annual Meeting October 18th 2020
The Easiest Single-Use HSAT with Essential Features
Same WatchPAT Simplicity, Accuracy and Reliability
NO Return Shipment, NO Downloading or Charging
No Infection Risk
The Easiest Single-Use HSAT
Breakthrough Single-Use Design
• Same WatchPAT simplicity, accuracy, reliability
• NO Return Shipment.
NO Cleaning, Downloading or Charging
• NO Infection Risk
•Data transfer through smart phone app
•Immediate access to sleep data for interpretation
•Data interpretation anytime anywhere with Cloud based solution
CloudPAT Makes Sleep Diagnostics Accessible
• CloudPAT, HIPPA-compliant cloud based IT solution for convenient sleep diagnosis and secure patient data transfer, streamline user workflow through online access for sleep report interpretation.
• Its expanded capability SleePATh, a patient care pathway dashboard, enable physicians to track their patient’s sleep apnea management pathway and on-line raw signals study review and interpretation
zzzPAT Advance Algorithm for Sleep Diagnostics
• zzzPAT software with an advanced algorithm for scoring of respiratory events and sleep stages
• A comprehensive sleep study report is generated within seconds allowing patients to initiate treatment without delay
• zzzPAT enables both automatic scoring based on its advanced algorithm or manual scoring by user's preference
zzzPAT allows users to have several montages and graphical changes for event representation for easier report analyzing
WatchPAT ONE Workflow
Note: Test is scored and interpreted with results sent to SNF within 48 to 72 hours
WatchPAT ONE delivered to the Skilled Nursing Facility by RT
Nurse downloads the WatchPAT ONE application to I-Phone (provided)
WatchPAT ONE connects to smart phone through Bluetooth connection
When patient wakes up in the morning, ends the recording
As the test starts, recorded data transfers to cloud server simultaneously
Nurse initiates the test based on instructions on the application provided by RT
Within minutes, clinician has the sleep data in Innovative zzzPAT/CloudPAT account
Information sent to Innovative for Quality Assurance & Sent to Innovative Sleep Physician for Interpretation
On-site Sleep Test with Pulmonogist Interpretation for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and Support for Non-Invasive Ventilators
SNF Sleep Testing Benefits
• SNF patient never leaves the facility and is tested in their “SNF bed”.
• SNF patient outside Covid exposure while in Sleep Lab is eliminated
• SNF “escort” requirement to off-site Sleep lab is eliminated reducing SNF labor expense is eliminated
• SNF Sleep testing results can result in better patient outcomes and reduced hospital re-admissions
• SNF Sleep test can reduce Bi-Pap rental expense as testing can indicate CPAP use at a reduced cost
SNF Sleep Testing Financial Challenges
• SNF is fully responsible for Medicare patients off-site testing
• SNF pays for “Non-Emergency” Transport of SNF patient to and from Sleep Lab overnight Test
• SNF may not get paid while patient is out at Sleep Lab. Note: Many states may only pay bed-hold.
• SNF may have to provide staff member” escort” to spend night at Sleep Lab.
• Innovative All Inclusive On-Site Sleep Program cost is $500.00 per test…
Potential Savings to SNF is significant.
States with Pulmonogist Interpretation Available through Innovative
SNF On-Site Sleep Testing Program with Pulmonologist Interp